Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Scaling Back

Through a roundabout path I found myself reading my June 2005 archives. When I came across an entry that said I weighed less than 110 pounds and was worried about how thin I was, my heart nearly stopped. I stared for a minute and asked myself what happened. I'm over 15 pounds heavier than "less than 110" now. When did I put it on?

It is no secret I like food. But something has to give. Rather, stop giving. In to cravings, that is. Every now and then I am reminded of the fact that my stomach is roughly the size of my fist. I know there are times when I eat more than I could hold in my hand.


It is time to get serious.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sewing Machine Doc said...

Must be a sign of Spring. Seems everyone is into trying to lose those winter pounds. Good luck to you (and Beth too). My scale must be broken as I seem to be stuck at the same weight, although there has been a shift from fat to muscle and my clothes which were tight a few months ago are looser now. I'm hoping to begin dropping again when I start getting out and doing yard work this spring and summer (grass is still brown, but slowly turning to green again). Also, need to go back to the no fat salad dressings (but Paul Newman just doesn't make a low fat salad dressing).
-Chet

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home