Monday, April 03, 2006

Disappointment Part Deux

Well, I did not get the job for which I interviewed a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I am disappointed, but I knew from the get-go it was a long shot. I just have not been in my current position long enough. And honestly, I think they made a mistake in not hiring me, but that does not matter now. I am still desperate for some sort of change, but it is out of my hands. Literally.

Yesterday during praise & worship there was a nice lull in the music for a few seconds. During that time I heard God's voice clearly. He said, "It is time to set your plans aside. Lay your agenda down now. Wait to see what will happen. Watch what I will do."

The only "agenda" I can think of is a means to change jobs.
There could be others, but I do I feel firm in that it is time for me to just stop and wait. If you know me, you know waiting is my favorite thing to do!! It ranks right up there with the word, "Soon." Still, God has always been faithful to me.


This song came on my cd player on the way home. It rang true to me. I was happy it played in the right place at the right time:

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hands
And lead me in Your righteousness
And I look to You
And I wait on You
I'll sing to You Lord

A hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all
It is going to be okay. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above what I can ask or think - whether it be a work inside me or whether something happens elsewhere, I'm in a good place: His hands.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Wait is never a fun word. My condolences!

11:52 AM  
Blogger The Sewing Machine Doc said...

I am sorry the job did not come through for you. As the eternal optimist, I believe there must be something better waiting for you just around the corner. My prayers remain with you.
-Chet

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home