Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Rollover

Rollover minutes! Whoever thought of them should win the Nobel Prize for...Peace..or something. Goodness knows I seriously tapped into my 5,000+ rollover minutes yesterday. Well, I don't think I took too many of them. I was only on the phone for about 40 of them. Minutes, that is. It doesn't seem so bad, does it? Ah, but my story is just beginning!

On August 18th I booked a flight through Travelocity. I've dealt with them before and have been very pleased with their pricing and communication. Therefore, when I receive an email from them stating there has been a change in my flight itinerary, I sit up and take notice. Especially when I get three emails on three consecutive days.



The whole purpose behind my pursuit of a flight is to see my sister. If we're lucky, we see each other about every two years. Some of you might wish for a span of time that long between visits with your sister, but Liz and I are very close. She is a very good friend to me and I miss her. I'm going to Utah as a Christmas present to myself and I'm really excited!


Silly me, booking my flight through Delta. Well how was I supposed to know they were going to file for bankruptcy just two weeks after I booked my perfectly planned trip? Since then, I have received two changes in intinerary, both of them impossible.

Here's an example of one of the changes:


Depart Atlanta 10:25am
Arrive Salt Lake 12:23pm
Depart Raleigh 10:40am
Arrive Atlanta 12:00pm

What kind of loser itinerary is that? There was a really good one for my return flight, too. I'll spare you. Of course, to get the above "misconnect" itinerary fixed, I was on the phone with Travelocity for over an hour. On a Sunday. I almost missed church!




Gee. Add that hour to yesterday's 40 minutes and you have 100 minutes wasted spent on something that was settled satisfactorily two and a half months ago. What will happen next?!


Wait. I don't think I have smiled during the past hour. Let me see what I can do to fix that:

<\rant>I could go on. I could stay upset. Sometimes, you just have to move on.
sorry about the backslash...had to fool html!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home