Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A New Plan

Hey there!

It wasn't my intention to start a new plan yesterday evening, but I did. Last night was one of my rare "Me Evenings," and I enjoyed it immensely! The usual activities took place: playing with my cat, cooking a meal, doing some crafty things, reading...


Around 7pm I decided to take a walk. Walking is something I really like to do. I haven't been doing much of it lately though, and I've put on a few pesky pounds. Bleh! So, I set out with my nifty flashlight (twilight was upon me) and walked for 30 minutes, logging more than 2 miles in the process. The moon was gorgeous!

Walking usually energizes me, and last night was no exception. I turned on the ballgame (Poor Indianapolis!) thinking I could cheer out some of it, but during commercials I found myself getting up. I fixed my lunch for today, set up the coffeepot, jumped (rather than dancing) in the shower, and generally prepared as much as possible for my SuperTuesday.

Guess what happened? I was ready for work a full ten minutes earlier than usual this morning. Of course I know that preparation ahead of time is key. The other thing of which I'm fully aware is I need structure in my life. Just not so much that my schedule is rigid because I need the flexibility to be spontaneous.

At any rate, my day got off to a great start. This morning I determined to find a reason to smile at least one time every waking hour. Whenever I've seen someone with a downcast expression, I've shared my goal with them. The results have been amazing. They've all smiled! I think I'm going to try to discipline myself to prepare in advance for every day. And walk. Both activities made me feel terrific!

Have a SuperTuesday!
(and try smiling. It's contagious!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it works...
made me smile :)

And... I bet it made you smile to read that it made me smile ... which in turn... Made me smile.
Kind of like looking in a mirror at yourself looking in a mirror.

Opps... made you smile again, huh?

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home