Thursday, April 20, 2006

Looking for Some Cheese . . .

. . . that will compliment my whine.



Yes, this is going to be a whiny post. At least you've been forewarned so you can play the avoidance game if you so choose...

Some of the medical tests I've been asked to perform will have to go on hold for awhile. It is necessary to build up my blood, first. I have been given official permission to be "bad" and ingest all of the red meat I desire. I must include green leafy veggies - one of which is broccoli. (No argument from me there!) A daily multivitamin with iron has also been ordered. I detest taking vitamins. However, I shall comply.

To be quite honest, I am becoming frustrated. Today I had to sit on the kitchen floor in the middle of preparing chicken salad. After chopping the cooked & cooled chicken, it was just too much for me to also chop a small onion, mix in spices, and add a touch of mayonnaise. Of course, when the cats saw me sit on the floor they thought they were in for a poultry treat. Which they got. Clean up had to be accomplished after a rest. All of this while trying to hold off dizzy spells.

Yes, I suppose the extra bloodwork will confirm that I am anemic. Okay, fine. But why? And just where/how am I losing blood? I've never had this type of problem before. Ever. So, not only is it frustrating for a quick-moving and fairly active person such as myself, but it is also a wee bit worrisome.

Here ends the whining. And I never did get that cheese.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Another thing you can do to increase your iron intake is to cook in a cast iron frying pan. I know that sounds weird, but somehow the food absorbs some of the iron from the pan, and that will help your iron intake for the day.

(((Connie))) - hoping they find some easy answers for you soon. Please rest & take care of yourself.

Hmmm...cheese would add protein, wouldn't it? *S*

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best iron medicine is sweet potato biscuits from Venter's Grill dipped in lots of molasses

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Sweet potato biscuits I can do...but I've never been a fan of molasses. Too sweet!!! Thanks for your comments and prayers - they are much needed and even more appreciated!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home