Monday, April 17, 2006

International Cuisine?

It seems I have taken a "whole world" approach to my day. This morning my dietary journey began with 3 steaming cups of coffee in a mug identical to this one. (Chet - I will not apologize for my coffee vice!) Andy and I drink our own blend which consists of 1/2 Verona and 1/2 Starbuck's House Blend. It makes for a very nice, slightly bold flavor. I will most likely indulge in at least three more of these at some point today.


Then I was off to Panera to meet my friend. While there I thoroughly enjoyed an asiago cheese bagel which was toasted to perfection with plain cream cheese. With the bagel I indulged in a warm (styrofoam) cup of chai tea latte. Hm. Chai is turkish. If we latte it, does that make it French-Turkan? Bagels are French. Asiago cheese is either Italian or French. But what about cream cheese? It wasn't Philadelphia brand so... ??

Between breakfast and lunch I drank at least three glasses of water with lemon. Then...

Okay. I know it looks strange. You see, I had a leftover eggroll from my Chinese take-out lunch on Friday. I popped it in the microwave and then tossed it in just a mere drop of canola oil in a small frying pan. Then I remembered there was one..just one tortilla left from last night's fajitas. So, I took that, add some taco sauce and cheddar, folded, nuked, then allowed it to hit the frying pan for just an instant on each side. Voila! Cheese quesadilla! The beverage I had was decidedly American, no doubt there.

I have just eaten half dozen macadamia nuts. Hawaiian! Decidedly Polynesian before the good ole USA decided Hawaii should be a state...regardless of what Hawaii thought. Dinner will consist of grilled marinated chicken & stir fried veggies. Imagine...around the world in 18 hours!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

geee
all I had was a banana and an apple :(

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my... Asiago cheese bagels are just the best!!! oh and asiago cheese foccacia would be my preference for sandwiches

I guess my weekend has been journey across the US.. Saturday - Omaha steaks on the grill, homegrown butterbeans and a salad with ranch dressing... Sunday - Fuddruckers burger for lunch, broiled Maine lobster and baked Idaho potatoes for dinner... today Ohio Amish cream of wheat for breakfast, boxed mac and cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch... dinner tonight hmmm idk

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Andy my love, you choose to eat merely an apple and a banana for lunch. I was doing us a service by cleaning out the fridge!!

Clay - for a complete trip around the usa, there is but one option: Taco Bell! Kidding, just kidding. Chili dogs and fries! Hm. Chicago style pizza? New York deli stuff? (Or pizza for that matter)

Wow. idk, either!! :o)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ok you people, you take this food thing way out there ... but actually I expect no less from both of you! :)

Clay, you could have had the Philly Cheese Steak but right here in good ole NC ... BBQ!

Andy, banana and apple are on my list but then again you are not needing to lose weight like I am.

You all are so wonderfully colorful! Better than cartoons.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home