Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Remember When...

. . .I used to spend my Christmas and Spring Breaks watching all of the Star Wars movies. More recently, it has been Lord of the Rings. Sometimes I would watch all of the movies in a single day. However, I am much more mature now. Do you not agree that it is about time for me to grow up a little? After all, I am a degreed professional with a mortgage, a car payment, a 20+ year marriage, and two grown children.

Today, I must tackle the ironing. The summer wardrobe has been pulled out and is decidedly wrinkled. There have also been a few purchases this week that are in need of pressing. Ironing has often been an activity that I couple with watching movies. The problem today is, so many good movies, so little to iron! I am certain I will spend a lot of time perusing my collection and making a decision. (And no Beth, I do not think it will be Jonah!)


And of course there is the laundry. Folding clothes also affords movie watching. This could turn out to be a wonderful day! Please say a prayer that I will not have to take the meclizine today. I really want to get outside & walk and/or ride the tandem with Andy. Dizziness and/or being doped up on an anti-dizziness drug are not conducive to safe bicycle handling practices.

Carpe Diem!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest if you have it, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" I watched it last night, and quite a fun one, though it could be confusing.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Ah yes, Audrey Hepburn. Always something a little .. not quite 'normal' .. about her movies. Probably part of her appeal. I liked Breakfast at Tiffany's. However, I opted for Pirates of the Carribean and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

3:34 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

AAAWWW not Jonah? I got to watch/listen to Jonah SEVERAL times today well make that almost everyday ... (Singing in head) We are the pirates who don't do anything .... btw... I LIKE your ironing board!!!! Rest up Monday cometh. (sigh)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home