Friday, April 21, 2006

Fun Friday

I went to school today! I learned a lot about anemia and foods I should be eating. This is a good thing seeing as I got a second call from the doctor. She confirmed that I am anemic and now they want to find out why. That's okay with me. Here's an interesting tidbit: Cooked clams have 10 times the amount of iron as the same sized portion of sirloin steak! It just so happens that I can tolerate clams - fried - which is bad, I know. Still, Andy and I went to The Mayflower tonight. We had a really great waitress. Lunch today consisted of field greens - there ya go for the green leafys. (leafies?)

I had another medical appointment this afternoon. I had never been to this particular place before so I went with both insurance cards in hand. I laid my wallet on the receptionist's desk for the sake of convenience and she exclaimed, "Oh what a cute wallet!" I thanked her and casually mentioned, "It matches the bag."

When she got a look at the bag she gushed, "Oh, your kids are so lucky! You do have kids, right?" You know my answer to that. "Why do you say my kids are lucky?" I added. "Well," she continued, "They have the 'hip' Mom! You are the hip Mom, right?" I thought back over the past few months and answered as truthfully as I could: "There was a time when I was the cool Mom on the block." She went on to say she hoped she was the hip Mom when her daughter got old enough to want one. I walked out of that place feeling pretty good about myself.

Since I really didn't do anything strenuous all day I had enough energy to go for a ride on The Burley with Andy. It was windy but it felt good to be out in the sun with my honey. He really is very good to me. Awww...

It was a good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

You are a GREAT mom. In past years, months, and days always a great mom. You let your kids be who they are, no agenda from you, no selfishness of who YOU wanted them to be. You accept and love them for who they think they are and tried new things whether you thought/knew they were good for them or not. You love your children unconditionally and gave them a strength that will help them in life. That strength and independence is hurting you right now but hold to the knowledge that you are a GREAT mom today, tomorrow and for years to come, you are a GREAT mom! I know this for a fact. In your heart know it too!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home