Sunday, January 08, 2006

All of the Best Laid Plans...


...have been tossed into the nearest recycling bin. I had quite a list for today. Check this out:

Go to church. (It's been over a month, people!)
Take down the Christmas tree & decorations
Finish laundry
Make spice soup for dinner *yum*
Go to the movies with The Friday Girls
Clean the bathrooms

Instead of performing & enjoying the above, I'm sitting on the couch in a slouchy robe with the heating pad wrapped around my neck. I don't know what happened, but it sure is going to keep other things from happening today. Admittedly, some of the things on the above list are not among my favorite activities. The biggest problem? Today was going to be productive! The soup is going to get made. The laundry will probably get finished. Andy will do anything I ask of him - which won't be much. Why should his day be screwed up because of me?

You know I try to see the positive in every situation. Let's see:
I can finally upload and tweak the pictures I've been taking since 26 December.
I can catch up on email. (Hey Ben, I think there's only one from you I haven't answered, yet...but there are other people with whom I correspond.)
And then there are the blog entries about my trip to Utah I've yet to post.
And the comparative pictures of my former dwelling place and the den that used to be Kiddo's room I've been intending to post.

There is one ultimately important thing that will not be affected by my current condition: FOOTBALL! Today the wild card games are being played. Is it obvious who I support in these games? It only makes sense. I lived in Pennsylvania for five years and have been in North Carolina since then. I loved the Steelers when everyone else liked the *gag* Cowboys. (Sorry, Jules!)

All in all, I don't think today will be a total loss. I just need to get over my compulsive need to have things in order. But first, another cup of coffee. That should only take me...5 minutes or so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will be a good game.
I hope your neck feels better..
Ill see you tonight.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home