Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Little Tidbits

Yes, I know I have not posted more about my Utah trip. What can I say? Time continues to slip away from me. Here are a couple of little things from my life during the past week or so:

Andy and I went to Julie's place tonight for dinner. Pat was the chef du jour! We had chips & salsa as an appetizer, then chicken fajitas and salad. There have been evenings when I've come home from work to delicious aromas and I know Pat has done something special for lunch. The dinner was good and our hosts were entertaining. It felt a little weird, though - watching the two of them work side-by-side in the kitchen, hearing Julie call Pat "Babe", and then chatting like it is normal for us to go to their house for an evening. It felt strange, but it was a good kind of strange.

Shortly before Christmas, gas prices here got down to around $2.11. Then they snuck up to $2.17, then 2.23, and have been resting at $2.26 since the new year. In Utah, the going rate for a gallon of gas was $1.95! And I didn't notice any sneaky upward trends while I was there. Moving to Utah would be a good thing.

A friend of mine has nicely asked for a life update via email. I thought that's why I have a blog?! This person is a close friend so I suppose I'll oblige. It's the least I can do.

See ya next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Our dear state congressmen allowed a law to stay in place that raised the price of gasoline taxes by 15% as of January 1.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home