Thursday, January 05, 2006

Because Beth Told Me To

The telephone rings frequently when I'm at work. Most of the time the calls are strictly business. At other times the calls become annoying due to an irate person on the other end. Sometimes, however, the phone calls are entertaining...in a strange way.

Often I take calls from faculty members who are running late for work. They call in to give an ETA and I relay the message to the people who need to know. During this school year one particular call has stood out in my mind above all others. The teacher called and told me she had to go home before she came to school. Apparently she ripped her pants as she was getting out of the car at her daughter's daycare center. Seeing as she is a friend of mine, the teacher and I had a good laugh about it. We have relived the moment a couple of times, absolutely certain that her call was the cake-taker.

Until today.


This morning I received another "I'm running late" call. This is a direct quote: "I have to go home because I forgot my hair!" This teacher sometimes wears a manufactured braided bun on the back of her head. She fixed her "very short pony tail" - the words of her daughter - and forgot to attach the bun. Sure enough, 30 minutes later the girl arrives at work, hair neatly in place.

I hope you enjoyed your bite of the new cake. We'll be laughing about this one for months to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home