Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Ultimate Embrace


I love you Jesus
With all that I am
I give You my life, my heart
And all of my plans....

Holy, holy are You.
Holy, holy Jesus.
Holy, holy are You.
Holy, holy Jesus
Annette Cox wrote that song and this was the first Sunday I had heard it played during a church service. While we sang, the holiness of God was made apparent to me ~ not for the first time, but every time it happens it feels new. Inevitably, my own feelings of unworthiness started their usual overwash and the deflation of my self-esteem began.

God is never surprised by what I do, but He often surprises me. This morning when the deflation started, I saw a white robe and two long white sleeves. The arms within those sleeves enfolded me and pulled me close into a loving and protective embrace. I disappeared inside that hug and eventually trusted enough to rest my head on His chest.


It does not matter that I do not think I deserved the hug. The sacrifice He made for me and His love for me supersedes anything I might ever think. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home