Friday, May 05, 2006

With a Little Help from My Friends

It comes as no surprise to my readers that I've had a rough week. Yesterday I'd had my fill and actually put out an all points bulletin for prayer. Prayer works, in case you had any doubt. I found myself becoming more organized as the day went on and my thoughts were much calmer. I was fairly productive.

Today, however...today. I felt very overwhelmed again. I had to take meclizine. That got me worrying about the source of the dizzy spells. Stress? If stress is the reason, why aren't I dizzy every time I feel stress? How is it that meclizine works if the reason isn't medical? Yes, there is a connection between body, mind, and spirit, but still...

Anyway, One of the people in this picture played a joke in order to remind me that I am not alone in my workplace. She came to me today with a huge, lime green donut-shaped pool float. At first I thought she'd come up with a lifesaver pun. Instead, she took my comments about 'drowning' and used them against me! "Friends keep you afloat," the inner tube read. It had been signed by several of my comrades, all expressing support.

Thanks, friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

It was not a joke. I tried to find one that had a kitty cat head on it but when I did not find one, I chose green - it is one of your favorite colors. And friends do keep you afloat but you have to reach out to them and take their outstretched hand. You are very loved, admired and cherished. And deservedly so!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home