Wednesday, May 17, 2006

ponderings plus

Perhaps what I was trying to convey in my previous post was this: if we know the person with whom we are having difficulties, we need to consider what we know about them. What would their motives truly be? What are they truly trying to say? Emotions can be just as terrible as they can wonderful. They often rule the day much to our regret later. Yes, we need to give people the benefit of the doubt. We need to actively, naturally assume the best about people. (Seventy times seven?)

God, help me do this very thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sewing Machine Doc said...

I kind of thought your ponderings were related to your boss and difficulties at work. Sometimes it is good to reflect and say "am I in part a cause of the problem." However, other times it is ok to say, "no, it is definitely their personality or stupidity which is the root of the problem." Don't spend too much time in self analysis if the answers keep coming up the same no matter how you look at the problem.

And keep in mind "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is probably not for you." :-)

-Chet

3:18 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I have said more times than I want to remember that, "Perception may not always be reality but it is something you have to deal with." I do this to a fault, as giving people the benfit of the doubt about their words and actions. Carefully analysing how they might have come to that, what I might of done to give that perception ... and yes, taking responsibility that is not mine to take. But I will continue to realize when dealing with falable humans, which we all are, "Perception may not always be reality, but it is something you have to deal with" I am fortunatly getting better at distinguishing when it is someone else's issues and not mine.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home