Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yesterday and Today

So how'd I do with my predictions yesterday? Mens side: 6/10. Ladies: 5/8. Overall it is a mere 61%. Bleh! Ah, well. So goes the game. A couple of the wins were surprises.

And today?


Dementieva vs. Jankovic. What a surprise Jankovic has been! It is nice that the ladies' draw remains unpredictable. However, the whole point behind these US Open posts is prediction. Gotta stick with Dementieva. I agree with the talking heads that she is the most talented female player who has yet to win a major. Perhaps one day she'll get her serve straight. It may take Elena three sets to do it, but I think she will.


I was disappointed that Haas won yesterday. And being seeded 14th makes him the clear favorite in this match. Yet, Safin is playing like a man with a mission. He has the fire back in his eyes and he is an excellent hard court tennis player. Therefore, I am going against the odds. I believe Marat Safin will win this match up. Should be a very interesting time on the court between these two. And I have to work so I'll miss it!


Yesterday I mentioned the "purty" Berdych vs. Blake. (See how old the picture of Blake is?) Anyway, I am sticking by my original thought: Blake will take this one. But it won't be easy. (Go, James!) Have I ever mentioned the fact that I once taught a kid named James Blake? ...for two years!?





Okay, so the folks at the Open messed up my format by having Davenport facing the wrong way! Or maybe not. I think Lindsay is on her way out. This match will be another David vs. Goliath. And in this case, I believe David will prevail. Diminutive Henin-Hardenne is the more fit of the two players. Davenport has had to work harder. If I'm wrong, so be it. I like both players. For me, it's a win-win!


Murray can follow Davenport right out of the stadium. My, my, that sounded harsh, didn't it? Honestly, I am uncertain about who will prevail here. Davydenko is the veteran player. Murray has a brilliant career ahead of him. The question is whether he can handle the pressure of being on Armstrong stadium in the round of 16 at the US Open. We'll see, won't we? My original thought stands: Davydenko.


Federer vs. Gicquel. Yeah. No brainer. But Blogger wouldn't let me load any more pictures onto this page so I guess Federer will get a tribute from me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home