Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Sunday Post

First Service:
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:2-3


There is beautiful music within. Let it rise and spill forth. Join the heavenly choir. without the music I have put within you, something is missing. Without your voice, your personal music, there is a hole in the worship. A huge, gaping hole only you can fill. Why rely on the music without? The music within is custom designed for you. It is your perfect fit.

So what does all that mean?


The way I read Psalm 40, God Himself puts a new song in our mouths. Most likely happens at a moment of deliverance or salvation. If God puts the song in our mouths, it must be a tailor made custom design just for us.

If (and I do mean if) that is the case, then the music within us is a unique, one-of-a-kind tune. No one but us can sing it. This idea helps me understand why I have been having the thoughts I have nearly every Sunday. (See former posts)

Waiting and watching during a service rather than participating creates a hole in the service. Something is missing. Something only we can supply to the entire experience. I would not dare to say it is a sin to watch rather than do. I will venture a guess and say we miss something by not tapping into what already lies within us.

Week after week I stand on the platform and see people who appear tired and downhearted. My prayers extend to them and I can't help but wonder what would happen if they would realize what is inside. That beautiful, one-of-a-kind thing God has deposited into them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

A vdf and prayer partner taught me once that in corporate prayer(such as in a small prayer group or even in church), each person brings a supply. Each person's supply is vital to the corporate connection. If anyone holds back or does not participate fully (or at all), their lack of participation affects the corporate level that can be tapped into. By the same token, when all do participate, each person's supply helps to furnish more power and anointing available to meet the need.

We are each important, vital, and unique, and the supply we bring whether it is in prayer or worship is important. It is a choice we must make each time we come together - if we are willing to expend the necessary energy to truly be a part of the whole.

May we all discover that unique music within!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home