Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day Eleven

Tournament play is winding down in Flushing Meadow. Today we will see one half of the Men's Quarter finals.

After taking out Safin, Tommy Haas meets up with Davydenko. Nikolay is one of those quiet players who has snuck through the draw. I like his chances today. Haas is a fighter, though. *sigh* Another potentially good match that I will miss. I will, however, be tuned into US Open live radio. But then, this match is the last of the big 11:00 starting block. Maybe I'll get a peek or two after I come home from work!


James, James, James. Even with the help of your infamous J-Block, I believe your tournament is coming to an end this evening. I do not pay attention to the odds makers, but it is my guess Roger is heavily favored to win tonight. I've not said much about Federer. Roger Federer is a graceful, intelligent, and powerful champion. Nadal has proven Federer can be beaten...just not very often.


Fifty year old Martina Navratilova is also playing today. She and her mixed doubles partner Bob Bryan have also advanced to the quarter finals. Like Andre, Martina is retiring (again) after this tournament. She is and has been an incredible athlete. I hope she goes out with a big win!

Oh! Andy Roddick took out Lleyton Hewitt in straight sets last night!

:o)

I see a Federer/Roddick final.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked here in a while.
Yay. :) another tennis fan. :)

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home