Sunday, August 20, 2006

To Whom is He Speaking?

This Sunday during the first service's worship, I heard more of the same:

Why are you waiting?

The water is troubled.

The time is now.

Why are you waiting

For something to happen?

What you need is inside you.

Tap in and make it happen.


My question is...just what is "it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second service was different.

We were singing a song our worship leader wrote entitled "Holy Are You." It is a simple but beautiful and heartfelt song. People responded by spontaneously walking up to the altar to pray. Admittedly, I also became lost in the song and the meaning behind its lyrics.

While 'lost,' I saw gold boxes wrapped in deep purple ribbon. They were different shapes & sizes and were piled up at the feet of a faceless Someone. When I asked about the gold presents, I had the thought that He (sometimes?) sees our act of worship as a gift for Him. These boxes .. gifts... were so lovely, anyone would have wanted a present wrapped like that. And that's when I had the thought - as lovely as these boxes were - that is how beautiful our true, heartfelt worship is to Him.


"And that's all I have to say about that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home