Friday, August 18, 2006

Things Not Considered

Actually, that isn't entirely true. I did consider the fact that my job change would result in missing my friends at the former workplace. Now that the teachers have gone back to work the lack of an easy rapport with co-workers is glaringly obvious. Seeing that rapport among the staff at my new location hasn't helped. Not that they aren't friendly toward me. They have been very welcoming. But I'm a stranger. We are in "observation" mode. I'm being gauged. I can't blame them since I am doing the same thing in regard to them.


That has been the most intriguing thing about my job change. People watching is one of my favorite activities. Now that I am at a place that has three times the staff, there is much to watch and learn! However, observing my new co-workers has done very little to ease the pain of missing the former ones.

I know my feelings of isolation will pass with time. Wonder how fast the time will pass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home