Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wednesday's Reading


I was a turtle this morning.
Time was my enemy.
I read the Scripture passage for today's devotion,
But did not read the devotion itself.
It did not seem to matter.



"You have eyes--can't you see? You have ears--can't you hear? Don't you remember anything at all? What about the five thousand men I fed with five loaves of bread? How many baskets of leftovers did you pick up afterward?"
"Twelve," they said.
"And when I fed the four thousand with seven loaves, how many large baskets of leftovers did you pick up?"
"Seven," they said.
"Don't you understand even yet?" He asked them. (Mark 8:18-21)
My eyes saw Jesus' words.
And my ears heard.
And my heart finally understood:
He really can take nothing and make something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home