Monday, June 05, 2006

Honorable Mentionables

Sometimes I spend more time coming up with a title for my entries than I do on the entries themselves! There are just two little snippets to post right now. A much more serious entry will post later. Today, I hope!

Gas prices have been an oft-mentioned subject here in my little blogdom. Andy noticed last week that the Greenville-Pitt County price war seems to have reversed itself. He told me the prices on the north side of town are now lower than those on the southern end. That is indeed a switch. My latest fill up was managed just as prices dipped to $2.73. And this morning I wake up to...$2.78. Funny, I used to get really upset if I missed a 2 or 3 cent dip. Then I put it into perspective: If I fill up with 13 gallons of gas, which is about normal, I save a total of .39 on the fill up at $2.73 as opposed to say $2.76. Yes, Yes, I know we should be incensed about prices in the "2's" at all - but then again, we could move to europe. Or if you're very brave, venture to the middle east where fuel can be purchased at ridiculously low prices. Of course you would lose your freedoms and perhaps your life. So take your pick! Europe, where fuel is sold by the litre at roughly $3.50-$5.00/gal, the Middle East, or the good ole USA. Betcha I don't have to reveal my choice!



*Moves on to next subject waving an American flag while whistling 'Stars and Stripes Forever'*




Today we took a huge leap of faith. As you can see, Luke and Aslan are bestest buddies now. We are very pleased about that. However, the cost of cat litter and the amount of upkeep it takes to maintain two litterboxes in the manner that I prefer (scooping twice a day, sweeping at least that often, changing litter weekly) is getting a bit ridiculous. So.... *takes deep breath* ... we have decided to see if the boys will share a box. We know both cats use both boxes, so why wouldn't they use one? More specifically, the same one? Well folks, the world is about to find out! Stay tuned for more wacky feline adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home