Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Unexpected

Thanking God for a primo parking space or looking for a demon under every rock are not activities in which I engage. Am I saying it is wrong or foolish to do so? Absolutely not. I just don't have that habit. However, sometimes things happen that make me pause and consider possibilities. Today is one of those days.

This week I have had the arduous task of going through catalogs and online stores in order to find the best deals for the big supply order I have to make for my workplace. Money is nearly non-existent and the thought of having a lower allotment this year as opposed to last year is nothing short of scary. How on earth can we afford everything we are going to need?

At home, I have been working on a rather difficult jigsaw puzzle. It is a grandfather clock that came complete with clockworks & glue so that when the puzzle is completed, we can hang it on the wall and have yet another time piece gracing our house. The problem is the puzzle is larger than the table on which I am working so I have to put it together in sections. What to do with the completed sections? Just this morning I was thinking, "I need a board for these finished pieces so I can just slide them under the couch." Of course, I have no such thing in my possession.

Until today. A salesman came into the office and offered us a couple of free samples. A person doesn't normally get all excited about a large desk calendar but I sure did. The calendar is backed with a nice piece of posterboard. Well, it was. A few moments ago I removed it and will take it home for my completed puzzle sections. And now I will order two fewer desk calendars! The refills are not expensive, but the money can certainly be used elsewhere.

Sometimes, I stop and thank God for the unexpected things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home