Thursday, January 12, 2006

For the Last Time...

I don't get you people. What/who gives you the right to tell someone else what they are thinking or feeling or what they should be thinking or feeling?

First, you don't know her, so you certainly don't know what she is thinking. You know only what she tells you. Therefore, you have no right to tell her what she should or should not do because you don't know what she has or has not been doing! You have judged and spat at her. You have cast her out. She deserved better than that. You were too small-minded to be gracious, compassionate, merciful, and loving. You refused to recognize her for the honest individual that she is. Do you blame her for not being among you anymore? For not letting you in?

Further, NONE of you can honestly say you've never been mad at God about something. It would surprise me if none of you have said, "Why me?" in a blaming manner. I'm her Mom. I have earned the right to counsel her on this subject. Have you? Are you her pastor? No. You aren't even her friend.

At least she is being honest. She doesn't walk around in that small minded state (also known as DENIAL) where she floats around saying "God will take care of me, all I have to do is pray." If that were the case, why were we given minds, free will, and the ability to work? Why did the leper have to wash in the Jordan river? Why did the Israelites have to march around Jericho? It wasn't because they needed busy work. It was because God expected them exercise faith while DOING. If He never changes, what makes people think He doesn't still operate that way? So she needs to do more than "just pray," as if she hasn't been doing that anyway. Oh yeah. You wouldn't know that. You won't even talk to her like a she's a decent, intelligent human being.

So I am going to say this for what I hope is the last time: leave her alone.

Clay, I want to thank you for your genuine understanding and kind words. It means a lot to her and to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks mama..

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)
I learn a lot about honesty from Shannon. Sometimes reality is not so pretty as the picture some people paint on their faces.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home