Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Stuff About Which I've Been Meaning to Blog

If any of you watched RockStar INXS, you know this is Marty Casey. Marty should have won the whole enchilada but in a freak moment of insanity, INXS chose JD to be their front man for the next year. Marty should have won. He was the only member of the final three who changed and grew during his time on the show. He was teachable and humble. And the man could pull off nearly any kind of song! Just think about his original composition, "Trees" and then how he sang Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here." I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about it! JD, on the other hand, remained as he was throughout the competition: an Elvis impersonator. Why, oh why did INXS make this terrible mistake?

There is a lot about Marty that you may not know. Marty's drive is backed up by a lot of talent. Winner of the John Lennon songwriting contest, Marty has used his originality and devotion to turn his long lived band, The Lovehammers, into more than just a garage project. The Lovehammers have opened for Nickelback, New Found Glory, and others. Marty and the Lovehammers have even stormed the worlds of film, TV and DVD. In 2004, their DVD "Live/Raw" debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard musical DVD chart. Their song "This Town" has been selected as the theme song for the World Shidokan Championships on ESPN. You can find out more about Marty on rockstar.msn.com, from whence I got the majority of this information. MARTY SHOULD HAVE WON! MARTY SHOULD HAVE WON! Make no mistake, MARTY SHOULD HAVE WON!

*Deep Breath* Okay. I feel better about that now. On to other things:

I have found the ultimate cat toy. Sure, it looks slightly maniacal, but Aslan seems to really like it. He especially spends time with the yellow fuzzy ball. The toy spins and gets knocked over on a regular basis, but Aslan doesn't seem to mind. Pretty cool, huh?



I've decided I need to approach life like this. Aslan is the most contented kitty I've ever known, to include my dear departed Nikki. He takes life in stride, plays hard and often, rests when he needs to, and doesn't let things bother him. What a great philosophy!




Andy and I attacked and then conquered Williamsburg, VA last weekend. We had a blast! I am quite certain I will blog more about our trip at a later date. It was a great way to spend my birthday! (Thanks for the trip, Anj!)

Now that I have those important items out of the way, perhaps I will feel able to concentrate on the less important items such as a follow up to "When Love Isn't Enough". Heh. I crack myself up!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Rudy?

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home