Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Knock Three Times

Admitting Aslan is not the smartest feline in the fold is not a problem for me. He can push a door open. Even the heavy swinging one that separates the kitchen from the laundry room. (But only on the way out, not on the way in.) He is not, however, good with his hands. Therefore, he has not mastered the art of pulling a door open. And of course when a door is completely shut he is totally powerless to get in (or out).

Yesterday Andy and I were in our room with the door closed. I thought I heard 3 knocks on the door but was not certain so I ignored it. After a short pause it happened again. No mistaking it this time: someone was knocking on the door. Upon opening the door I saw Alsan sitting in the hall perpendicular to the door and gazing up at me with his big amber-colored eyes. "Did you knock on the door?" I inquired. This is no lie: he looked around - behind him and everything - and then looked back at me as if to say, "Do you see anyone else sitting here?" before striding into the room and jumping onto the bed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. My kitty Andrew used to knock on the door to my parents' room...much to their annoyance. Luke is skilled at this, too, but he doesn't do it often. Thankfully, Patches hasn't learned this trick...yet.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm ... if he starts tying yellow ribbons on things.... you should have him checked out

6:26 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

ROFL. I get it, Clay! (Thanks for 'getting it,' too!)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Poor Aslan...He will learn eventually! That is too cute though.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home