Sunday, May 28, 2006

Coincidence!


The work of fiction I have been reading has been rather slow. The fact that I should have finished it two months ago may be indicative of its level of interest. It is a good thing I am stubborn and refuse to put down a book once I start reading it. Finally, about half way through, the novel has started to pick up! Yesterday, I came across this paragraph:


Connie was a woman forty-two years old, a former detective in sex crimes with the Chicago Police Department. Three years ago she had moved to Houston when her husband's empoyer, an engineering company, transferred him down to corporate headquarters. The mother of two high-schoolers, she had deep red hair, an Irish sense of humor, and a no bullshit attitude about the jobs she worked for Arnette.
I read the excerpt to Pat. He quipped, "I guess that will make the blog?" After 24 hours of considering the possibility, I decided to do it.

Hence, this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home