Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Top Ten List of Truths from Scripture

10
I AM CREATED
We are God's workmanship, created in Jesus Christ to do good works. (Eph 2:10)
The word for 'workmanship' in the original Greek means a handiwork or masterpiece.
Because we were created by the Great Artist, we are masterpieces in the making.
God stands in front of the canvas of our lives ready to complete His work.
All we have to do is let go of our own feeble attempts to paint a self-portrait and hand the art supplies back to God.
9
I AM CHOSEN
We know that God loves you and has chosen you to be His own. (1 Ths 1:4 GNT)
God has chosen us to be part of His family. No one is an afterthought.
Christ has chosen us.
The question is, have we chosen Christ to be the most important person in our lives?
If we make Jesus Christ the most important person, we can't help but have a healthy, balanced, and biblical self-esteem.
8
I AM PROTECTED
Protect me as you would the pupil of your eye. Ps 17:8 TLB
David's assurance in Psalm 32:7 can be our assurance today:
"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."
7
I AM COMPLETE
You are complete through your union with Christ. (Col 2:10 NLT)
Through Christ we have everything.
And our completeness, including our self-esteem, comes from a secure relationship with Him.
If He began the work in us through Christ, He will complete it.
6
I AM VICTORIOUS
In all these things we have complete victory through Him who loved us! (Ro 8:37 GNT)
This biblical promise means we keep on winning - a continuous, present action.
Because of Christ's great love for us, nothing can defeat us.
5
I AM SAVED
He saved us and called us to be His own people, not because of what we have done, but because of His own purpose and grace. (2 Tim 1:9 GNT)
4
I AM FORGIVEN
I-yes, I alone-am the one who blots our your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again. Is 43:25 NLT
How can we, who are flawed, accept forgiveness from God, who is perfect and holy, Yet not forgive ourselves?
3
I AM FREE
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Jn 8:32
Christ said that He is the Truth (Jn 14:6).
As we grow in our relationship with the Way , the Truth, and the Life, we stop being chained to our harmful habits and enslaved to our sins.
You see, Truth is not a set of facts.
Truth is a person.
2
I AM LOVED
I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jer 31:3
Notice that there are not conditions tied to that vers.
God's love has no prerequisites.
1
I AM ACCEPTED
Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. (Ro 15:7)
Do we realize that Jesus Christ has accepted us?
We are accepted by God Himself.
Knowing this should be reason enough for us to forget the lies that others tell us about our worth.
Remember these two things: God thinks about me every second of every day.
I'm so valuable to God that He redeemed me at the cost of His own Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home