Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March

In like a lamb...

And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father [have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with, and understand Him; appreciate, heed, and cherish Him] and serve Him with a blameless heart and a willing mind. For the Lord searches all hearts and minds and understands all the wanderings of the thoughts. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever! 1Chr 28:9 (Amplified)

It is often stated that God knows what we are thinking so we might as well say it. The above passage was comforting to me when I read it yesterday. God not only knows what I am thinking, but He understands my thoughts and why I am having them. Other translations use the word "motive." In my mind, the word motive denotes something bad. To see that God understands brought peace to me.

I believe this is a segue to something deeper.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

before a word is formed on my tongue you know it fully O Lord. (psalms somewhere)
"requiring Him as your first and vital necessity" !! "but if your forsake Him, He will cast you off forever" ugh! that would be horrid. I forget about my Life giver...to seek Him for each breath...
:(
I should.
that would be amazing.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home