Monday, January 23, 2006

Is This How You Feel?

Is this how you feel?

"All I want is an answer to one prayer,

a last request to be honored:
Let God step on me - squash me like a bug,
and be done with me for good.
I'd at least have the satisfaction
of not having blashemed the Holy God,
before being pressed past the limits.

Where's the strength to keep my hopes up?
What future do I have to keep me going?
Do you think I have nerves of steel?
Do you think I'm made of iron?
Do you think I can pull myself up by my bootstraps?
Why, I don't even have any boots!
When desperate people give up on God Almighty,
their friends, at least should stick with them.
But my brothers are fickle as a gulch in the desert-
one day they're gushing with water....
...but by midsummer they're dry.

...You pretend to tell me what's wrong with my life,
but treat my words of anguish as so much hot air.
Are people mere things to you?
Are friends just items of profit and loss?

...Let up on me, will you?
Can't you even let me spit in peace?
Even suppose I'd sinned-how would that hurt you?
You're responsible for every human being.
Don't you have better things to do than pick on me?
Why make a federal case out of me?
Why don't you just forgive my sins
and start me off with a clean slate?
The way things are going, I'll soon be dead.
You'll look high and low, but I won't be around."

It's okay to mourn for awhile. But even the person who said all this ended up happy and blessed in the end...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home