Sunday, January 22, 2006

And Then There Were Four...

It's getting down to the wire and already I am mourning the inevitable end of football season. Today should be pretty exciting, though. Carolina will take on Seattle on Seahawk turf. I don't know what it is about the play-offs that turns the Panthers into pure animals, but they seem to have the ability to tweak their game near the end of every season and become truly formidable. Still, Peppers is hurt, the team is pretty banged up, and Steve Smith has to get tired eventually! With the advantage of being at home, I think the 'Hawks will pull this one out. I am a Carolina fan, but Seattle has been sneaky and quiet all season long while working their way into their play-off berth. I have to give them the edge for this one.

The Steelers will be flying a mile high at the Denver Bronco's Invesco Field. Given the altitude and the incredible crowd noise, Pittsburgh will have a rough road today. I must give credit to two gentlemen who told me early in the season to watch out for Pittsburgh. I was hopeful but doubt lingered. Surprise! The Steelers have fought long and hard to get this far. This too should be an interesting match-up. Way back when, Denver met Dallas in the SuperBowl. Can you believe I was the only 'Orange Crush' fan in my entire ninth grade class? Still, my heart...and my pick today...belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I have not been watching but I will be a happy camper if either the Panthers or the Steelers are in it!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home