Saturday, July 02, 2005

An Oversight?

I have been reticent to choose a winner in the ladies' final today. Apparently, Venus feels she has something to prove. Lindsay believes she has at least one more championship in her just waiting to manifest itself. Both women are tough mentally & physically.

It is my opinion the champion will be determined by whose 'day' it is. If Venus doesn't spray backhands all over the court (watch for Davenport to test that), and if Lindsay can paint the lines in that lovely way of hers, we could be in for a long slug-fest.

Sadly, most Wimbledon finals end up playing out like the majority of football's Super Bowls. They turn out to be a rout. Hopefully today won't turn out that way. This year's Super Bowl was interesting, so why shouldn't it follow that the ladies' final at Wimbledon would be the same?

Oh. I still haven't chosen a winner, have I?

*sigh* At this point, I will go with the player I like best: Lindsay Davenport. In three sets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home