Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Another Wimbledon Wednesday

The most amazing thing about this year's Championship is the weather! There has been only one rainy day this fortnight and even it wasn't a total wash-out. After saying that, I am sure I have jinxed the remainder of the tournament. There is a chance of rain in England today ~ so I guess we will have to wait and see.

I did extremely poorly yesterday. It was my first "losing" day of the tournment. Davenport has been a nice surprise to be sure. I had her out in the round of 16 against Clijsters. Since then, I've changed my tune and have put her into the finals. You know what that means, right? Bingo. She will lose to Mauresmo tomorrow. Amelie, for her part, has had a wonderful 2 weeks. It would be nice to see her win a title ~ still, for Lindsay to leave the game while at the top would be a nice bow out for her, don't you think? Sampras did the same thing. It worked for him.

I really wanted Mary Pierce to take out Venus. The nagging doubts were present, of course ~ as once again I went against my gut instincts. I really need to stop doing that! No matter. I think Sharapova will do it for me. She had a teeny little wake up call yesterday with Petrova. It is my assumption that we will not see anymore sloppy play from Maria.

And what about today? I did bat 1.000 with the Gentlemen's side for the round of 16. If I were betting on these matches, I would not make much money today as I'm going with the favorites. Federer, Hewitt, Roddick, and....a very tough choice here....Nalbandian. Why David? Just like Lindsey, he has surprised me throughout the tournament.

Things are heating up in London. My television will be tuned in this weekend to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home