Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Three Out of 4 Ain't Bad..

Hewitt, Federer, Roddick (whew!), and Johansson have moved into the semi's. If you remember, I predicted Nalbandian over Johansson. I did go against my instincts on that one, but what the hey. It made for an interesting afternoon at work, anyway. It has been so dog-slow there! I am constantly reminded to be thankful for internet access in my office so I can keep track of the real time scores. Here's an intriguing thing: You know how there is a time delay while the spoken word travels across phone lines, etc? Well, the same holds true for radio via the 'net. I've had Radio Wimbledon on some during the fortnight-while watching the live scoreboard and have noticed that the scores tend to run about 2 points ahead of the commentary. Yeah. Intriguing. (I told you it's been slow at work!)

So tomorrow? Davenport & Sharapova. I wish I could watch Venus/Sharapova live. That promises to be a real slug-fest. I think Davenport/Mauresmo will be more of a thinking/strategy-laced game. Oh - for her age, Sharapova thinks well. Imagine what she'll be like when her mind game reaches the same status as her physical game! I think we have the makings of another Steffi...or better.

I didn't really care for Steffi that much. I like Sharapova. I hope it stays that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home