Tuesday, June 28, 2005

And Now a Word from Our Sponsor

FOOD!

Oh man, the food I had while in DC! The first night was Italian night, found in Old Town Alexandria, right on King Street. I had a very nice Chicken Marsala, but Jerry's Rigatoni was better. And if you ever want prosciutto in your alfredo, go where we went. (Sorry, Shannon!)

The second night we went to a place at Pentagon City called California Pizza Works. Guess what I learned? If it can be put on a pizza, they do it. Again, mine was great - a vegetarian delight - but Jerry's was better, with steak, basil pesto, tomatoes, and I can't remember what all. Yum!

The third night we went Greek - back in Old Town on King Street. I had Dolmades something-or-other. Basically shredded sirloin, mint, & rice wrapped in grape leaves (yes, you eat them) and covered in a yum-yum sauce. Guess what? Yeah. Jerry's was better. He had a sampler platter of sorts and a few of the items on that plate! Oh My Gosh!

The next time we go to DC, I'm just going to wait & see what Jerry gets. When it is my turn to order I'll simply point at the major and tell the waiter, "What he said." That will guarantee me the best possible meal.

I stepped on the scale this morning. 110. This is a good place to be. I've gained 4 pounds and really don't need any more.

~WE now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home