Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rainy Day

The weather in England today was as dismal as my predictions of the past two! And I also hate it when I'm right, so let us hope that when all is said and done tomorrow, I will have been wrong. "To what is she referring?" you may be asking yourself. No. Actually, you're probably thinking more along the lines of, "What is she talking about?" or "What is she referring TO?" (If you know me well, you know why I felt the need to put those two sentences in this paragraph.)

I'm talking about Lindsay Davenport, of course. If you remember, I
thought Kim Clijsters would take Lindsay out of the tournament. Upon Lindsay's victory over Clijsters, I decided to change my mind about Ms. Davenport and put her into the finals. It looks promising but it isn't in the bag, yet. What I wouldn't have given to watch the match between Lindsay and Amelie Mauresmo today! Mauresmo took the first set in a tie break and Lindsay took the second in the same manner. Rain stopped the match late in the third with Davenport up 5-3. Mauresmo is serving. The suspended play serves Amelie. Lindsay was on a roll and with this overnight break, Mauresmo has a chance to regroup and rethink. Lindsay? Well she's a toughie, but at this point I would venture to say anything can happen in this match. As I said earlier, I hate it when I'm right, so let's hope I'm not!

Venus took out Sharapova. Okay. Enough said there.

Weather permitting, the men will play their semi-finals tomorrow. Can everyone say "Federer/Roddick rematch?" Perhaps. Johansson has been playing some truly stunning tennis, advancing quietly. Roddick struggled against Grosjean. We'll see. I think the Hewitt/Federer match will be a good one, provided our friend Lleyton can get over the idea of being on the opposite side of the net from Roger..again.

Swing away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home