Saturday, April 16, 2005

Impressions of Alexandria

* Even the birds do not sleep, so it is okay that I didn’t, either

* The season is running a week or 10 days behind us

* Cherry Blossoms are a heckuvalot prettier than Bradford Pears

* Location does not matter as much as the company you keep

* The best ideas come in the wee small hours of the morning

* Setting a car alarm in a busy parking lot is just as stupid here as it is at home

* The traffic does not seem as bad to me - a tourist- as it does to the residents

* Apartment life is not as bad as I remember, even with the following:
~a heated argument below me at 2:15am
~someone across the hall coming home at 2:30am
~someone else’s alarm going off at 7:00...but it was okay, I was not asleep

It felt like a community. People calling up and down to each other from balconies and friendly conversation in the elevators….even the firemen were polite, saying “excuse me” as they walked by with their gear after what appeared to be another false alarm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home