Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Now That's a Kicker...

While it is true that I have been somewhat critical of Joel Osteen and his devotional entitled, Your Best Life Now, a sentence in the last paragraph of today's reading caused me to pause and reread. And reread. And reread. I wonder if the sentence will strike you as well.

"Psychologists are convinced that our lives move in the direction of our most dominant thoughts."

Don't pass judgment on that statement yet. Take a few moments to consider your life, some of the decisions you have made, and why you have made them.

**shudder**

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Constance said...

All I can offer is this: Forgive yourself. Easier said than done. Believe me, I know! Forgive yourself, make it right if you can, and move on. We are much harder on ourselves than necessary. You don't have to stay in this God-awful place. Decide to walk out of it.

There has to be something good in your life. Focus on it and its goodness. Sounds hokey - like counting your blessings, but if you can find a way to focus on something good - no matter how insignificant, it becomes your dominant thought!

And thanks for stopping by. It has been awhile since I've had any comments...

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home