Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Counseling

There are times when I really hate going to counseling. Sometimes the sessions are so difficult I walk out of there feeling like I've been sucked into a black hole of denied emotion and guilt feelings never to return to the land of the "normal." I'm so drained I want to cry, but don't have the energy. These sessions leave me totally weary and tired of life.

So as I was driving home, trying to concentrate on that task rather than giving in to being a quivery lump of emotion with hands that tremble so hard that it is difficult to grasp the steering wheel, I prayed for myself. I don't do that often, but I was in desperate need. The only word I remember in that prayer is the word, "Mercy."

And then this song came over my stereo:

She hides her face, it seems too good. For Your embrace to find her and say my dove, "your voice is sweet, show me your form..your form is lovely." No ear has heard a melody as sweet as Yours for her. It seems too good, so undeserved. My heart faints now, for we are her...Your mercy reigns, Your mercy comes. Your mercy falls, it rises with the sun. It's new every morning..It's good enough for me.

His mercy is good enough for me...and will sustain me until the pain of the past few hours subsides.
I am waiting for hope to spring up again. While I do, this song is playing:

He will allure her; He will pursue her, And call her out to wilderness with flowers in His hand. She is responding, beat up and hurting, deserving death but offerings of life are found instead.

Here in the valley, walk close beside me. Don't look back. For love is growing vineyards up ahead. You have called me Master and though you're in the dark here, Call me Friend. And call me lover and marry me for good.

How the story ends is love and tenderness in Him. Not safe, but worth it. So in the valley's up ahead or the ones we live, We'll sing together; we'll sing together

We will sing
We will sing
Oh, to You.
We will sing as in the days of youth.
As You lead us away to valleys low
To acres of hope;
Acres of hope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home