Friday, December 09, 2005

Long Days

I've been putting in some long days this week. There's so much going on right now ~ and not just the rush of the holiday season! After my typical 8 hours at work, I've been heading over to the apartment to pack. After half dozen trips up and down two flights of stairs I drag the boxes into the house and unpack them, only to take the empties back to the apartment in order to repeat the process the next day.

Then there is the painting. We've been transforming Shannon's old room into a den. The walls required two coats of paint, which means two days. Then there was the trim. The doors. The windows. The crown molding and baseboards. The window slats. The shelf in the closet. Oh yes, the closet! No half-baked painting jobs from me! I hung up my paint brush for the last time around 10:45 last night. The painting is complete! We will be moving furniture on Monday afternoon. Some into the house and some into the storage unit I rented.

Howzabout a Christmas tree? Nope. We don't have ours up yet. We don't have any decorations on display. I am not certain when the decorating will happen. Tomorrow I'm taking a well-deserved shopping day with some girlfriends from work. We're going to Crabtree! Maybe Sunday - except that we're heading down to my parent's house in the afternoon. My sister is in town!!

Monday afternoon I'll be volunteering with the Pitt County Humane Society at the Colonial Mall. That takes up three hours. I'll probably take Shannon to dinner afterwards because we'll be working from 4-7. So far, Tuesday-Thursday is pretty clear. At least I think so. I don't remember!

The real motive behind this post is an apology to those of you with whom I like to stay in steady contact. (You know who you are) I don't like being out of touch. Hopefully things will slow down soon and I can go back to being my wonderful communicative self! *g*

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Let's hope those people, whoever they are, understand that sometimes life just gets busy.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do I still get the dinning room table?
and you mentioned possible another table?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have dibbs on the dinning room table...
I need a new work bench in my shop :)
J/K Kiddo

12:01 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Yes kiddo - the diningroom table & chairs are yours as promised. As for the other end table, i'm going to have to wait and see how things work out in the den. if it won't fit nicely, it's yours. :o)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home