Thursday, November 17, 2005

Say It Isn't So!

My dear Aslan....is a toilet drinker.


Here he is, spanning his new horizons and considering his possibilities. At this point they are numerous. I actually wondered if perhaps he was a potty-trained kitty. I'd never thought about it before, but as much as he hates the litterbox and given the way it has to be very clean and unscented...

"Should I, or shouldn't I? ... Should I, or shouldn't I?" Alas, my pleas were unheard and my sweet kitty decided to live dangerously.

Right now, he is still alive, though he did head straight for the dish chair to take a nap. Is he trying to forget the experience or did it make him feel so contented that he could settle in easily?

Now for a more serious note: on November 29th Aslan is going to have the laser surgery that will render his claws inoperable. I don't know what has changed in recent years but this procedure now requires a two night stay with the vet. All I can think about it my sweet Babes living in a cage for two days. Will he think I've abandoned him? I am SO going to visit him on Wednesday!

I know it is for the best because Luke's claws are also permanently velveted. And just in case the cats don't get along when I move home, Luke needs protection. Still, the whole idea of leaving my kitty in a cage for 2 days in a strange place makes me very sad. Did I say very sad? That's what I mean: very very sad. To the extreme. :o(

10 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Maybe Aslan can join Toilet Drinkers Anonymous and get the help he needs.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just contributing to his problem by leaving the lid up.
If you really wanted to help him overcome this socially unacceptable action, you should remove the temptation
:)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Okay - I wasn't going to get so graphic but I will. You of all people, Andy, know I do NOT leave the lid up! I had just flushed when he jumped up there!
*blush*
:op

6:38 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

So you're his enabler!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

I will admit to being Aslan's reluctant enabler and nothing more!

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...instead of telling him no you took pictures? Sounds like an enabler to me!

Just kidding. Aslan sounds like a very sweet kitty. Having his claws removed will help keep him this way.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Okay...Sounds to me like some people aren't really reading!! Note paragraph two: "Alas, my please were unheard..." Now, what would I be pleading about with Aslan? Oh please, cat! Jump in! Drink to your hearts content?

uhm...no. :op

And for clarification's sake: I do not have my cats claws removed. Having the first knuckle of your fingers cut off would hurt, wouldn't it? Rather, I opt for the more costly yet humane method of having the tendons cut via laser. The claws are still there. The cat just can't flex them. With this type of surgery, there is no pain, no bleeding, and relatively no chance of infection. The biggest danger - as with any surgery - is being placed under a general anesthetic.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

*pleas

oops!
*blush*

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for not carefully reading! I had not heard about that surgery. Sorry...that was the only one I was aware of.

:)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

nonono!
don't apologize. my comments are lighthearted, not serious.
and there are a lot of people who have not heard of the laser surgery for declaws. (they do it for neutering, too)

it wasn't my intention to make you feel the need to apologize. i humbly apologize!

*giggle*

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home