Friday, November 25, 2005

Quick Update

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday....Here are a few pictures to chronicle the past couple of days:

You see? I told you Birdzilla was real! This big turkey took up my entire oven! I even had to remove an oven rack! Andy was slicing turkey steaks off of this bad boy and I think it's a good thing he likes turkey. He's going to be eating it for a looooooooooooong time! Andy cut two plates full of turkey. I've frozen some to be made into soup at a later date. Mostly, Andy and Pat like to pick at it as snack food. I made sure there was plenty of that.

Aslan and Luke appear to be getting along better. Luke is no longer growling or hissing. They are taking turns chasing each other down the hall and only one time today has it gotten a little violent. I'll be glad when Aslan's claws are disabled. Then they can swat at each other all they want to - they'll both be shooting blanks!

As you can see, they shared a window - I guess some ground is neutral - while other ground - like boxes - is something over which to establish territory. While both cats have spent time in this box, they have not willingly given it up for the sake of the other cat. Alliances are made slowly in the feline world, but I remain optimistic.

Andy & I spent a good portion of today at my parent's house. We had a nice visit and a good lunch, to boot! I don't see my folks much. I supposed that is kind of sad since they live just 58 miles away, but there ya go. I know I will see them again before Christmas rolls around. This is a shot of Andy telling one of his newer and therefore favorite anecdotes.

And now for the pansies! Aren't they sweet?? Everytime I look at them I can't keep myself from smiling. We all need that, you know. If you can find a simple thing that makes you smile, surround yourself with it. After all, it seems the simple pleasures are the best & longest lasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pansie Faces!"

See...made ya smile again :)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home