Thursday, November 24, 2005

Trial Run

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm sitting on the couch at the house. I moved in for the holiday weekend on Tuesday evening. My hope is to stay the majority of the weekend, but I am keeping my options open. Packing up Alsan to bring him with me was like packing up a two year old! I brought a few of his favorite toys, his litter box, food dishes, and his favorite chair from my apartment - for something familiar to sit in/on. Okay, so maybe the chair was overkill. I can prove it:












As you can see, Aslan made himself at home on the couch. Therefore, it was only fair that Luke took over Aslan's chair. In fact, he is sitting in it as I compose this entry.

The picture on the right is proof that cats play the game "Red Light, Green Light." Remember that game? The person in the lead turns around and the other players run up on the lead person. The lead turns back around the the runners have to freeze. Well, Luke was trying to sneak away from Aslan this morning and sure enough, everytime Luke turned around, Aslan would walk up a step or two. When Luke would look back, Aslan froze. It was hilarious!

Honestly, they're getting along okay. There have been a few alterations and Luke has popped Aslan on the nose a couple of times but Aslan hasn't hit back. I think this is a good thing seeing as Aslan's claws are still fully operational. Aslan is much more relaxed than Luke, and I really believe he wants to be friends. Time will tell.

Every year, Andy's company gives the employees a free turkey for Thanksgiving. They are usually of the 12 to 14 pound variety, which is just about right for a family of four. I don't know what happened this year. All I know is Andy came home with Birdzilla. This sucker weights 22 pounds!! I read the label. A bird this size normally feeds two dozen people! I am so going to give Shannon some turkey to take home with her!

I was going to post some pictures of my pansies but blogger is freaking out on me so I guess I'll save them for another entry. I guess it is time to tether myself to the kitchen for the day! Before I click "submit", let me remind you of one thing: While gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins, it is not unforgiveable!


Be thankful, people. There is at least one thing in your life that is worthy of thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

youve got to admit.. luke does look better in the chair then aslan does.. just for the simple fact that look is black..

11:02 AM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

i will admit no such thing! luke is black, which is the main color of the quilt, but aslan is a tawny color and stands out when he is in the chair.

:op

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home