Thursday, June 16, 2005

What's All the Hoopla About?

A co-worker brought in a fresh box of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts this morning. They were still warm and gooey, the way most people appear to like them best. The staff members who are working over the summer were visibly drooling at the sight of the box and in order to feel a part of the group, I joined them in their admiration.

I happily walked away with a doughnut in my hand. It is nice to be positively received into nearly any crowd. However, I do not know why I accepted the offer to partake. I have never been a fan of Krispy Kreme. Cast me out if you must, but I will go with my head held high. At least I am honest.

The half-eaten doughnut is lying in the bottom of my trashcan. I almost feel guilty for taking it. Someone else could have munched on the glazed wonder and enjoyed it much more than I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home