Sunday, February 20, 2005

Old Poems

While cleaning out a closet I came across some old poems. It takes a lot of courage for people to post their 'art' out here for the whole wide world to see, so please be kind. My tender ego will thank you. :wub:

He fell in.
He was just looking
And stumbled.

A dreamscape,
He doesn't grasp
This other place.

Brave enough
To live inside
And see beyond?

Or deny it
Leave his dreams
And live in reality?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With her back to the world
She attempts to deny
That which invades her senses.

Try as she might
The impressions come in
And destroy all of her defenses.

Exposed, she can only
Stand and savor the adventure
That fantasy brings.

She fancies herself
Released from constraint
Free to fly on hope's jeweled wings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He doesn't want to see within the mirror.
He runs for he is desperately afraid.
Because if he looks deep within the mirror,
The lies he's built about himself will fade.
He doesn't want to see.
Is he ... Me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a stretch
And a sigh
I open my eyes
To the dawn

Steaming mug
And bare feet
I go out to greet
A new day

Birds awake
Gentle wind
As the day begins
I smile

There are others, but I'll spare you for now. I expect I'll post more at a later date, though. Thanks for taking the time to read more of my musings..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home