Friday, February 18, 2005

Words

I thought for my first entry I should make a note about words. I have realized something in the past few days and felt strongly about sharing it.

Words are not only powerful, they are also precious and priceless. If you share your words with someone in either oral or written form and there is no response, there is a good chance you have wasted your words. Think about that for a minute. Sharing your words means revealing your heart, soul, mind, & emotions to someone. If that person doesn't care enough to reply, perhaps you should not share your words with them. You only set yourself up for getting hurt. Protect your words and in so doing, protect yourself.

Okay, I realize this is a blog and I don't expect everyone who reads it to respond in some way. I am speaking more about a one-on-one situation. Besides, maybe you don't think words are as special as I do. But you're reading my blog - so you must give my words at least some small value and for that I thank you.

Anyway, don't waste your words on the unappreciative and/or unresponsive. Save them for those who truly care.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home