Sunday, July 30, 2006

YaaaaY!

When it comes to staying in contact with my family, I leave much to be desired. It is not that I do not have a deep love for or a strong sense of family. On the contrary ~ the fact that we are not in close contact is a source of sadness in my life. I guess I have basically given up. Long emails I write get two sentence replies if I'm lucky. With one member of my family, I can make every kind of effort available but it makes no difference.

The purpose behind this entry is not to garner sympathy, pity or compassion. The motive is this: my sister called me today. Sure, sometimes we allow long periods of time to go by without contact, but it isn't that we are second guessing each other, or afraid of reactions to an email or a comment. We just get busy. After a long conversation I felt reattached to at least that part of my family.

And we made a deal: Everytime we think about calling or emailing and don't do it, we have to put a quarter in a jar. We figure at our rate, it will be no time at all before we have enough money to purchase a plane ticket!

I love my sister.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
I need to do that.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home