Monday, March 20, 2006

Let's All Take a Deep Breath

A big happening in my life takes place Tuesday at 10:00am. See, last week I noticed a job posting for Pitt County Schools that really caught my attention. I made a phone call, asked a few questions, and 2 days later my resume was nicely polished and sent to the proper person for perusal.

The county school system is hiring a payroll clerk to oversee the payroll for some of the schools. The position is only 80% employed right now but if I know my county, it still might end up being a raise for me. It will definitely end up being a 100% position at some point. Shoot, as far as money goes, I'd be happy with a lateral entry. And all of my benefits would still be in tact.

Anyway, my resume was sent Wednesday, but I wasn't really expecting to hear anything. Friday afternoon the unexpected happened: the head of finance for Pitt County Schools called me and set up an interview. That's right. Tuesday. 10:00am.

Now then, can we all take a deep breath?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Deep breath, big big sigh, good thoughts for you to breath, no luck needed cause I have all the confidence in the world in you! You are awesome.

9:55 PM  
Blogger The Sewing Machine Doc said...

Special prayers for you tonight and tomorrow morning that this be the blessing that you wish it to be. :-)
-Chet

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home