Saturday, March 11, 2006

Potato Soup

Following buttermilk pancakes a brief affair with fast food began. Then, vegetarianism. One of the things I learned to make for my resident herbivore was cream of potato soup. I made it for her fairly often, especially when she was sick. When I did not or could not make it, McAlister's and Panera Bread provided. Even after she moved into her own apartment I brought her McAlister's potato soup one time when she was sick. She had gotten too old for the jello, goldfish, & coloring books that usually accompanied "Mom, I'm sick" comfort food. Still, she seemed content with the soup and tea.

I do not have fond memories of the last time I made potato soup specifically for her. Things like that happen from time to time. I would gladly make it for her again. But 'soup season' is nearly over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

((Miss Connie)) Praying, too.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

today would have been a good day for po. soup.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

All you have to do is ask...

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home