Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Big Night...

We planned this night a long time ago. I can't remember if it was late December or sometime in early January. At any rate, the idea was to get all dressed up on Valentine's Day and go somewhere different for a snazzy dinner. The attire had to be red or black. Here are the results!
Oh..and rest assured, a good time was had by all!

The Shoes!

Julie found 2 very reasonably priced dresses on eBay. The red got here in time to be altered to fit. The bracelet she is wearing is one of Pat's Valentine gifts to her. (I got a Snoopy.) Pat bought a new tie for the occasion. Believe me, the purchase of a new tie is a big deal!




I did NOT find good deals on my clothing, though I really tried! I ended up at David's Bridal. I tried the sale rack first, honest! Ah well, what woman can't use a dressy black skirt? The blouse is classic styling so as long as I stay my current weight or smaller (please, God) I'll be able to wear it. Clay's earrings, Janis' necklace, my mother-in-law's bracelet, and a ring my sister gave me completed my ensemble. Andy wore an eclectic mix of things we've collected over the years.


Yum! Key lime pie, assorted cheesecakes, and chocolate-dipped strawberries were a wonderful way to top off our meal, which consisted of potato soup, house and caesar salads, filet mignon, chicken parmesean, blackened sea bass, steamed veggies, twice baked potatoes, orzo, and broccoli with cheese.

What are the chances that I can get everyone in pink next year??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...
when did Pat get taller than me :(
Oh well, the torch has been passed.
he's a fine young man of whom I am very proud...even if he does make me feel old.
:)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Lady Constance said...

Oh remember? You had to bend to the side to get your head in the shot! (See your shoulders aren't level?) You two are the same height. But I agree with you regarding the "fine young man" thing...

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home