Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Things That Have Made Me Smile...

Most of the people who read this blog (if I still have any readers left save one) know what my life has been like the past month. I am having to find little smiles wherever they can be found & search for reasons to be joyful. It is not my intention to bemoan my life or whine about the guilt I feel ... Rather, I want to share my happy thoughts:



This is Zelda Fitzhare. She has been part of my pet zoo for about 10 years now, and ranks near the top of the favorites list. She spends her days propped up against my pillow, but her nights are spent lounging against one of the bed posts. This past Thursday morning, I awoke to the above picture and I just had to laugh out loud - those feet!!

Saturday morning something terrible happened: I awoke to her laying flat on the floor! Friday had been a particularly rough night for me. Apparently, my tossing & turning tossed Zelda right off the bed. I felt horrible! Therefore, I placed her in a much more comfortable and restful position. Well can you blame me? She is one of my dearest friends!


Saturday night I had dinner out with my family. I never did get around to making my bed on Saturday, which worked well for Zelda as she had that nice place to occupy. However, I know I couldn't lay down all day so I was certain she was ready for a change of position. She's such a sweetie, waiting up for me like she does:


Yes. I am fully aware that I am silly and childlike. However, I believe these personality traits are part of the reason why I have a zest for life & a sense of adventure. I think I'll just keep right on finding happiness in these foolish things.

On an unrelated note: One of my (what I think are two) regular readers asked where my US Open Tennis Championship picks are. Never fear. I shall be blogging about the tourney soon. My life has been very busy and I still feel like I am chasing myself most of the time.

Oh-and one more thing-A person who reads but does not comment mentioned his disagreement with my statement that there are times when love just isn't enough. I do plan to address that thought at a later time. Perhaps AFTER the tennis tournament!

If you're reading this - thanks for sticking with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

There's nothing wrong with being childlike...or with being silly. Without those traits, there are situations where we would all go crazy. I think this kind of situation qualifies.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadnt checked in a few days, glad you updated again.
Sweet Pics :)
Love ya baby

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home